Friday, August 11, 2006

 
I Had A Dream ...

No, this is not along the same lines of MLK Jr's "I Have a Dream" speech. Although I feel his reference to "the mountaintop" is Mosaic in nature and refers to the fact that he was delivering a prophecy to the American people.

But that is a topic for another day.

No, this post refers to a literal dream I had, while sleeping. This has been residing in me for a week, and I have some interpretations for the dream that perhaps you can critique.

In my dream, I float into what looks like an immense hotel lobby. People come and go into elevators at the far wall. But in the foreground, is an immense bed, perhaps 200 feet wide, with dozens of people sleeping in it. I recognize many of these people from my youth, and as I hover over them, I reach out to one of them and wake them. I tell her she is certainly going to die. She is confused, and drives me beneath the bed. It is at this point that I wake up.

My initial thought is that this dream suggests that I feel the need to deliver a prophetic message, but that I have yet to develop the power to do so. Or perhaps a message may be received by some but not others.

I am too much of a frugal German (every nationality seems to have its reputation for being cheap, and I will not abuse the Scottish here) to pay someone to interpret my dreams. But those of you who are tender to the Spirit ... what thinkest thou?

Comments:
When I was 21 years old, I had a very vivid dream that one of my old friends had died. The very next morning I received the news that he had been killed in a car crash. For years I struggled to find some meaning in this and never really could. It still bothers me almost 20 years later but I finally came to the conclusion that sometimes our dreams are just random thoughts that only seem real because we are sleeping. Maybe these dreams don't really mean anything at all.

Other times, though, dreams can be a reflection of our conscious or subconscious thoughts and in that, they can have meaning.

Perhaps your recent dream is telling you that you have already developed the power to deliver a prophetic message and is simply your subconscious urging you to use that power.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?